Senior Associate Attorney – Estate Planning
Lawyers come to work at GVM Law because it’s a leading Estate Planning firm in California. GVM offers the successful applicant complex and challenging high end taxable estate planning matters in a Napa County firm. Sophisticated clientele and the ability to work with our experienced estate planning group are part of this dynamic offering.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
This position is a key attorney responsible for implementing and overseeing trust administration, estate planning, and advanced estate planning within GVM’s Estate Planning Group. This attorney will be primarily responsible for handling their own case load and the attorney must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, with supervisory responsibility for paralegals and staff. This is a full-time position.
Responsible for all aspects of client matters.
Conducts initial consultations and devises strategies in conjunction with senior Partners.
Prepares/drafts documents for sophisticated Estate Plans including QPRTs, GRATs, IDGTs, Charitable Trusts, and other Advanced Planning Techniques
Advises on estate, gift, GST, and income tax matters.
Mentoring, training and supervision of less experienced attorneys.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Licensed to practice law in California.
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in trusts and estates law.
· LLM in tax a plus.
· Drafting experience required.
· Demonstrated success in helping to build and manage client relationships and deliverables.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
· Team-focused work style, with equal ability to be a leader or a participant and enjoy both.
· A positive and productive attitude.
· Confident in managing scope while identifying new projects and collaborating with teammates and leaders.
· A track record of successfully leading, managing, and mentoring staff and assisting in their growth and development.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Judgment and tact in handling sensitive and confidential matters.
· Ability to focus despite distractions and changing priorities.
· Ability to prioritize, coordinate and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines.
· Strong word processing skills with experience with Microsoft Office, ProLaw, PDF/OCR.
· Strong knowledge of and experience with Excel and MindMap
Benefits: Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) Match